This document is an evaluation of the activities which took place during the second annual Patient Safety Week (1–7 November 2015).
The purpose of the week was to:
- create focus, energy, momentum and raise awareness of the importance of patient safety
- share the resources developed by the Commission to encourage open communication between patients and clinicians
- reinforce the community of patient safety week supporters
- foster interest and engagement for future years
- encourage open communication between patients and clinicians
- encourage family/whānau involvement in discussions about their care
- promote advance care planning
- promote health literacy and ensure patients understand their treatment options, and what to expect when they are discharged or transferred to another care setting.
Download the evaluation by clicking the link below.