The recording of webinar 4: surgical skin preparation is now available to download from our website.
The webinar is a fantastic opportunity to learn from three surgical site infection experts about surgical skin preparation.
Our presenters include Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Mr Kelly Vince (Northland DHB), Dr Anja Werno, Microbiology Medical Director (Canterbury Health Laboratories) and a member of the Clinical Leadership Group of the national Surgical Site Infection Improvement Programme, and Shelley Thomas, Charge Nurse Manager, Auckland DHB.
The webinar includes:
- an introduction by Kelly Vince on ensuring optimal surgical skin antisepsis
- a three-minute film featuring the SSII Programme's surgical skin antisepsis preparation intervention, and Mr Tony Hardy, Clinical Director of Orthopaedics (Auckland DHB)
- a discussion on the science behind surgical skin antisepsis with Anja Werno
- a discussion with Kelly Vince on the management of patients with chlorhexidine allergies and other issues
- a discussion with Shelley Thomas on the importance of clipping not shaving where hair removal is necessary, and involving patients in reducing the risk of SSI
- a panel discussion on other aspects of ensuring optimal surgical skin preparation.
The full recording of the webinar is available by clicking the link below.