In this webinar held on 14 April 2015, Dr Shankar Sankaran from Counties Manukau Health, falls Clinical Lead Sandy Blake and the Health Quality & Safety Commission’s Catherine Gerard looked at how the Commission’s Atlas of Healthcare Variation can be used to identify areas of wide variation and potential areas for quality improvement for falls prevention.
The webinar covered:
- a new workbook: From Atlas to Action. The webinar covered how to use this workbook which will help guide users to know their data and develop a plan to address any gaps identified
- an overview of falls-related injuries in people aged 50 and over, both those treated in primary care and those treated in hospital
- admission rates for hip fracture along with indicators on how these patients are managed by district health boards (DHBs).
This webinar will be of interest to:
- health professionals working in falls prevention or with a focus on health of older people in primary and secondary care settings
- members of the general funding and planning teams within DHBs
- anyone wanting to understand and prevent harm from falls.
Listen to the recording by clicking the link below.