Dr Shankar Sankaran from Counties Manukau Health, falls Clinical Lead Sandy Blake and the Health Quality & Safety Commission’s Catherine Gerard will look at how the Commission’s Atlas of Healthcare Variation can be used to identify areas of wide variation and potential areas for quality improvement for falls prevention. It will be held on 14 April 2015 from 8–9am.
The webinar will cover:
- an overview of falls-related injuries in people aged 50 and over, both those treated in primary care and those treated in hospital
- admission rates for hip fracture along with indicators on how these patients are managed by district health boards (DHBs).
This webinar will be of interest to:
- health professionals working in falls prevention or with a focus on health of older people in primary and secondary care settings
- members of the general funding and planning teams within DHBs
- anyone wanting to understand and prevent harm from falls.
To register to attend the webinar please email Bridgette Connor or download the flyer here.